Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Gifts We Give Each Other

    I wrote the other day about being inspired to believe in our miraculous power in this life again.  I feel moved to say that I was called to that inspiration by the experience of someone I love.  Not because of anything she said or did on my behalf, but simply because she reported to me a couple of months ago her intention to sell her home and move to a better place by the end of 2011.  There were plenty of obstacles – selling a home in a depressed neighborhood, plenty of repairs to be made, lack of resources, physical limitations, availability of housing where she wanted to live.  She told me that she had absolutely no idea how this would all work out, but that she was acting on faith that it would happen as she felt it was supposed to. 
    I thought she was brave to be so bold in her intentions.
    I spoke to her on Thursday, and it had all happened just as she intended.  She has sold her home and moved out and will move into her new home in a few short weeks. When I heard this news, I felt chills.  I do not believe when she told me of her wish that she was intending to teach me something, although she is a teacher of mine.  Nevertheless, when I heard her story, I felt a thrill of hope such as the song describes.  It called me to a better part of myself and what I know to be true but often forget.  Of course, one might say that selling a house and moving is not exactly a miracle, but I really believe it was something of a long shot in her situation.  More importantly, the miracle of the story is how it landed on me, and the upsurge of hope it created.  She believed it would happen and it did, just like she thought it would.  Hearing that moved me.  That is what we do for each other in this life.
    We really can live our dreams.  What a gift for me that she lives her life according to her inner guidance and saw fit to tell me about it.  I have said before that we change the world simply by living our own lives according to our own best beliefs.  Sitting here right now, I am changed.
     Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment